Mcafee LiveSafe is one of the best products of Mcafee Security Softwaer that offers to keep your device secure from all kinds of web threats. In order to enhance the functioning and performance of the Software, McAfee Provides regular updates of the software. these updates are introduced to increase the efficiency of the software and to remove bugs. However, many users have reported that while updating McAfee LiveSafe on a Mac device, it shows an error message that says “McAfee LiveSafe Update Error“. In this article, we will be discussing the causes that can lead to this error and how you can fix this error quickly. Make sure to read this article till the end.
Steps To Troubleshoot McAfee LiveSafe Update Error
There are various possible ways through which you can update your software to the latest release. These software updates are required to ensure that the software is updated with the latest features and functionalities to meet the user’s requirements. McAfee is a Security Software and it always provides updates on a regular basis to improve the functioning of the software. it is always required to keep your Security Software updated to make sure it is updated with the latest techniques and functionalities to detect and remove the viruses. You can update the McAfee Software by going to McAfee.com/activate. But If you are a Mac user then you might have encountered an error while updating the McAfee LiveSafe Software that says “McAfee LiveSafe is unable to Update on your Mac”. If you have encountered this error then you can resolve it with the methods mentioned below.
Method:1 Enable Internet Security For Mac Extension
While trying to Update the McAfee LiveSafe Security on your Mac Device, you need to make sure to authorize the Internet Security For Mac Kernal Extension. If it isn’t authorized then you might get this error. In that case, you need to follow these steps to fix this issue.
- Open a Browser and go to McAfee.com/activate.
- Now click on Menu and then choose McAfee LiveSafe Internet Security Console.
- After that, You need to click on Mac Security and then a list of features will be open on the screen.
- Enable any of the features and then click on “Agree” to confirm when it asks.
- Once you will click on agree, it will setup the protection system for your device.
- after that, choose the ok option to complete the process.
After successfully completing this, restart your device and try updating McAfee LiveSafe to check if the error has been resolved or not. If you are still getting the Mcafee LiveSafe Update Error message on your device then use the next method.
Method:2 Configure Firewall Settings
If you are still getting this error then it can be because of incorrect firewall settings. You can fix it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open a browser and go to Mcafee.com/activate.
- Click on the menu option and then choose McAfee LiveSafe console.
- Now go to the Mac Security Window and then click on firewall settings.
- Now at the bottom, choose the “lock” icon, and then when it is prompted enter your password.
- Now you will be needed to change the firewall type to either home or work.
- After this, click on “Ok” and then close the window to complete the process.
Now try updating your McAfee LiveSafe Software. if it’s still showing then error then you should contact at McAfee Customer Service. They will help with the best possible solution to resolve this error.
Method: 3 Fix and Configure Browser Settings
If the error still persists then try configuring your Interent Browser settings to fix this error.
- Go to the browser window and then open the preferences window.
- After this, click on the Privacy and then choose the “Manage website” option from the window.
- Now click on “Remove Now” and then ok to complete the process.
To keep your device secure from viruses and malware, you have to make sure to keep the security software updated all the time. If while trying to update the McAfee LiveSafe Software on your Mac Device, If you have encountered such an error then you can easily fix the issue with the methods mentioned below. After successfully troubleshooting the error, Open McAfee.com/activate and then update it to the latest release.